Dine & Cook LLC is the sole owner of all information collected on the Sites. We collect information from our Users at several different points and in several ways on the Sites:
* Registration – In order to use portions of the Sites, a User must first complete a registration form that includes contact information. This information may be used to send the User information for which she has expressed interest. This information will not be sold or disseminated to any other organization, except for the purposes of disseminating the service(s) the user opted into via registration. In the cases in which we use a third party to disseminate services to our Users, the third party may not use Users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
* Surveys – We may request information from Users on the Sites via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys and contests is completely voluntary. The User is not required to participate or disclose any information. Users’ personally identifiable information is not shared with other organizations without notice and choice. In the cases in which we use a third party to conduct these surveys and contests, the third party may not use Users’ personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
* Cookies – A cookie is a piece of data stored on the User’s computer tied to information about the user. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are temporary files, deleted when the User closes his browser, that are used to ease the User’s navigation of the site, for instance by remembering what pages have been viewed or what parts of a form have been completed. Persistent cookies are small files stored on the User’s hard drive for extended periods of time, which are used by Dine & Cook to identify returning Users to the Sites, and to speed up the login process for these Users. Persistent cookies can be deleted by following the instructions in your Internet browser software.
* Third-Party Advertisers – We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here
* Third-Party Cookies – In the course of serving advertising on this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
* Log Files – Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track User’s movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may use a tracking utility that uses log files to analyze User movement.
Communications from Dine & Cook
* Customer Service – We communicate with Users on a regular basis, including by email, to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to Users’ accounts.
Sharing of Information
We do not share any User’s information with any other party, except in the following cases:
* If the User authorizes us to do so.
* We are required by law to do so.
* In the aggregate to third-party advertisers and partners. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
* To provide services such as credit card processing and email newsletter delivery. The companies that provide these services for us may not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Our Sites contain links to other sites for which we are not responsible. Thus we cannot vouch for the privacy policies of these sites. We encourage you to read these policies.
Our Sites take every precaution to protect our users’ information. When Users submit sensitive information via the Sites, their information is protected both online and offline. When our registration/order form asks Users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. Business Transitions
In the event Dine & Cook LLC goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of a portion of its assets, Users’ personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletters and other communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the appropriate newsletter. Users who have posted their information to portions of the Sites such as the Marketplace may edit, remove, or update that information at any time through their User account.
Notification of Changes
How to Contact Us